Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Inbox: Introduction

To: Darcy Ages
From: Brook Haupenstaat
Subject: Introduction

Dear Ms Ages,

I wanted to write in and introduce myself. I’m Brook Haupenstaat, one of the interns who will be working for ReginaPro Marketing this fall. HR called earlier today to say that having looked over my resume, they had decided that I was one of three possible applicants for the position of your personal assistant. I hope that by telling you a little bit about myself, I can give you a sense of my qualifications for the position.

First of all, I am very excited about the prospect of working for ReginaPro. I am a junior at the University of Minnesota working on a fine arts major with a minor in business management. My long-term goal is to become an art dealer and own my own gallery. My grandfather is a collector, and my fondest memories from childhood were of going with him to private collections and gallery viewings and listening to the experts identifying and discussing the merits of certain pieces, the telltale signs of great art.

Over the years this interest has allowed me to acquire a sharp eye for subtleties and aesthetics, which I believe would make me a valued assistant to someone who is frequently making final and semifinal decisions about high profile ad campaigns.

But I understand that designing product for mass media is a very different skill from collecting great art. My father is the photographer Henri Haupenstaat. He frequently produces works for National Geographic, and his photos have also appeared in Vogue and In Style, among other noteworthy publications. Last summer I accompanied him on a month-long publicity shoot for Alaska Cruise Lines, and from that experience I understand some of the great effort and deep thought that go into the seemingly simple choices that make up an advertising agency’s approaches.

On top of all those other qualifications Ms Ages, I am also enthusiastic, proactive, responsible and professional. I am a full-time student, but rest assured that your needs and the needs of ReginaPro Marketing will be of very high priority to me in this upcoming year. I am certain that HR has already sent you my resume, but I am attaching another copy to save you the trouble of looking through your inbox. I will be coming in on Tuesday for the general orientation, and I look forward to meeting you some time shortly thereafter.

If you have any questions or desire further information, please feel free to email me or call me directly.

Regards,
Brook Haupenstaat
555-555-5555
brookhaupenstaat()gmail.com

Attatched: bhaupenstaat-resume.doc


(Story continues with a text message.)